Wednesday, December 9, 2009

our Advent garden

We were inside all day yesterday because of rainy windy weather. I decided to take the opportunity to switch out our seasonal table. It should have already been done, but the Fall table was so beautiful that I hated to let it go.

While Clover did some work on Norse mythology, the boys helped with the Advent garden which will transition into the Winter table at the end of December. They dusted and polished, and then gathered stones and seashells (and bones!) and plants. The terrariums look so beautiful sitting on the table (thanks Chrissy!).




Next week we will add animals! I am hoping that Tim can make some wooden ones. I have been encouraging him to get out the jigsaw for weeks now!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I love the Advent Garden! The antlers are very striking over the little hickory "boat".

Peace,
Carri