Indigo chose to make lemon bars for his baking day project. They were so delicious! This week, I'm going to be ambitious & type out the recipe!
For the crust~
* 2 C unbleached organic flour
* 3/4 C organic sugar
* 3/4 C organic butter, softened
For the filling~
* 2 C organic sugar (I used a little less)
* 1/4 C fresh lemon juice
* 4 large eggs
* 2 tsp. grated lemon peel (fresh, not dried)
* 1/8 tsp. celtic sea salt
* 1/4 C unbleached organic flour
* 1 tsp. baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the crust ingredients in a large bowl. Beat together until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
2. Press the crust mixture into an *ungreased* 9x13 baking pan. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the edges are very lightly browned.
3. In another bowl, combine the sugar, lemon juice, eggs, grated lemon peel, and sea salt. Beat until well mixed.
4. Add the flour and baking powder and beat slowly until mixed.
5. Pour this mixture over the hot crust as soon as it comes out of the oven.
6. Put it back into the oven and cook for another 20 to 25 minutes until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting.
7. Sprinkle with a little organic powdered sugar if desired and cut into small squares.